Monday, April 26, 2010

Heavy training weekend

Only 61 more days till CDA!!! If I were counting down the days till vacation, that would seem like forever. It seems like it's in a few weeks, instead. Will I have trained enough? Will I have a good plan for nutrition? Will I be able to do it? I'm so nervous already. The International tri I did in Rumpass only made me more nervous, instead of calming my fears.

This week was a heavy training weekend. I had a one-mile swim in a master's swim meet on Friday. That was easier than I thought it would be. Mom, Dad, Walter, Melissa and Alex came to cheer me on. Mom was shocked that she was watching me at a swim meet. I was not an athletic kid. I seeded myself at about 45 minutes and finished in about 32 minutes. Not bad. The middle laps are a blur, but I do remember hearing mom yell, "Swim fast!"

So arms and chest are tired, but time for bed. Next morning, up for a run. Team Z is doing a 4 mile hash run (which are so fun) so I had to get in more miles before the 10 am start. Started out at Crystal Thai restaurant, got on the trail and headed west. The first 4 miles out were pretty rough. Thank goodness for tunes because it kept my mind off how much it sucked. Turned around at mile marker 6, stopped by the masonic temple meeting room to use their bathroom and the next 4 miles flew by. I could have run all day at that pace. I didn't even want to stop. Joined the team and started our hash run. I was running with Masaki; the lead runners were out of sight, I think the sag runners took a short cut and Masaki and I got lost. We couldn't even follow the trail right. Thank goodness we found the W&OD trail; we got on there and made our way back. Had a fun lunch at El Paso Cafe with 19 other team members.

Sunday morn, up early to drive out to Harwood, MD. Did 48 miles on my road bike, hopefully for the last time. I tried out a few tri bikes on Friday and I'm ready to make the purchase. I'm hoping I'll be a bit faster, especially uphill, but I'm also hoping the bike will fit me better and I won't have such sore shoulders and neck after long rides.

I was so tired last night. Thankfully, Mom made traditional Sunday dinner and we got to join her. Mmm, pasta, meatballs and salad. Delish! I was exhausted when I got home. Took some Advil and was in bed by 10 pm.

Today, I feel refreshed. I'm not so tired, but I sure am grateful for a recovery week. Although, as Es and I joked around at a pit stop yesterday, we took all our recovery weeks already. I don't have any time for recovery. Only 61 more days till CDA!!!

Next race is Half Ironman distance in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment